Tuesday, November 22, 2011

One More Run at the 3-D Cosmic Whale

As I mumbled and mulled this morning, it occurred to me that there's no reason my red-green 3-D image of the four-dimensional space whale would necessarily need to start from a grayscale version of the image. If I stripped all the magenta from one side and all the cyan from another, I'd still have some vestiges of "true" color, right?



Don your 3-D glasses. Click and enlarge.

I'm not sure how successful it turns out to be, but the background planets do seem to be different colors in that version.

And now I think I can lay this experiment to rest.

5 comments:

az said...

i like your 3d picture its actually
kinda cool.


written by a 6 year old
named az.

Loops O'Fury said...

I was looking at the second one yesterday. This new one is even better!

Isaac said...

I'm glad you like it, Az (and Lupi)! I'm really happy with the way this drawing turned out. I should try to imitate Jack Kirby more often!

az said...

thanks




az my age is 6!

az said...

i made a paint it black
but my mom didn't post
it yet




az im 6.