Monday, February 6, 2012

Alphabeasts: Q is for Quagsire

I have never been much plugged in to Pokemon in any of its media iterations, but I know that there are Pokemon for every letter of the alphabet.

And so Q, in this week's Alphabeasts entry, is for Quagsire.



Quagsire seems to be some sort of kin to the Japanese giant salamander. His earlier form has feathery gills.

And apparently he's sort of a thing, at least for some people, though I don't understand why.

You know, as much as I enjoy salamandrine critters, I can't seem to summon my usual expansiveness ... or any interest in Pokemon at all. I'm sorry.

I guarantee I will have more to say about next week's critter. As a little tyke I even had the plastic toy that it was based on.

5 comments:

Rich Barrett said...

That is really cute!

Curious Art said...

Oh, he looks so jolly & squeezable! I don't often say that about salamanders...

Isaac said...

He'd probably look a little less cute if I'd drawn him spitting mud, which is (I think) one of his attacks...

Loops O'Fury said...

Splashy cute!

I can't believe there are SO MANY Pokemon. I only know about a few of them--my college friends liked them ironically, and my younger brother was the right age to watch the cartoon in the late 90's.

Isaac said...

At some point, if human beings keep inventing new Pokemon and driving real animals to extinction, there will be more Pokemon than there are real animals.

But it will take a while. There are still a million species of beetle to account for.