Friday, October 5, 2007

Type the what huh?

Hi, folks. I am still swamped with other stuff, though I still have that page out on my art table to be pencilled, and I will get it done this weekend one way or another. After that, I'll post Tom Motley's constraints for pages 7 and 8, and my thumbnail for page 7. It's all on that back burner somewhere.

Meanwhile, just to show that I haven't disappeared from the world, here's a little post. Earlier today, Bully, the Little Stuffed Bull, had an indecipherable captcha. (Those are the strings of letter that Blogger makes you type before you can put in a comment, for example: they're designed to thwart spam engines, not regular people.)

Well, Bully, I've got you beat. A few days ago, before I could comment, I was asked to type this:


My first thought was, "Is this something from On Beyond Zebra?"

Then I thought that first cluster of letters looked sort of like a Space Invader. Or maybe one of the Martians from Sesame Street. Yup yup yup yup yup.

UPDATE: Nope. Nope. Nope. I think maybe it was reminding me of some freaky letter M with eyeballs—I'm having a vague memory here, and it's giving me the creeps, actually. The closest I could get with a cursory look at the YouTube was this animation...

...but I think I'm remembering something else: an angrier M, yellow, a puppet of some kind? I'll keep looking.

2 comments:

Bully said...

You totally win. I think you have to make that Bantu clicking sound to pronounce this.

Mike said...

I'm guessing it's a lowercase L between two lowercase I's with no space between them and the L off-register with the I's.

But that's just a guess, mind.

Meanwhile, when I think of "some freaky letter M with eyeballs" that's "angrier ... , yellow, a puppet of some kind," I think of old MTV promos. I'll see if I can find one of those for you...