Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm Not Dead Yet

I apologize for the silence this last couple of weeks. I've been swamped, with one thing and another. This weekend it seems to be grading. Last weekend it was something else entirely. And a third thing before that.

But I was tidying up my desktop on my work computer the other day and I found this funny doodle, captured by cameraphone. I feel certain that it was drawn at Thai Taste, a restaurant downtown in New Haven where they have paper on the tables.

This seems to have been at a moment when I was exuberant with the discovery of Tom Gauld, who is now one of my favorite cartoonists. I heartily recommend that you check out his website, and that you purchase some of his stuff, perhaps from Buenaventura Press, the good people who distribute his things here in North America.

There you go: a doodle and a recommendation. I think I know how to label this post.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Nice doodle. I especially like the (surely accidental?) color effects on the paper, but not so much by themselves that I prefer them to your doodling.