Monday, March 31, 2008

Next Week at Long Island University

I spent a few minutes this afternoon cooking up a flyer for the comics event that I'm organizing as a sort of farewell gift for my graphic novel students. The flyer's not my best ever piece of graphic design work, by any stretch of the imagination, but it gets the point across...

...the point being that Jessica Abel and Matt Madden will be giving a talk on campus next Wednesday.

One thing I am happy about: the way that the two panels I quote seem to be speaking to each other, or carrying a single thread of narrative between them. And, of course, if you know that Matt's fridge is actually in Mexico City, it's all the more amusing.

I'll try to make a brief post about their visit after it happens.

1 comment:

MiriyaB said...

Looks like a great event, and I dig the poster! :)

Lookin' forward to hearing more about it afterwards...